Sunday, December 21, 2008
- Okay a few weeks ago I posted an entry about how hard of a time I was having fighting my daughter and her bedtime routine. Well, I am proud to announce that for the last two whole weeks I have put her to bed on my own and only had to go in once on a few nights...other than that there are no more fits...no more getting up fifty time, no more fighting her. I am not even sure what I am doing differently. BUt, I just began putting her to bed and letting her know I would see her int he morning and just like that...she began falling asleep on her own and no fits or problem...so maybe it was just a phase...sucks it was a 1 year things but it is over...yea!!!!!!
- Christmas is upon us and this year I am especially excited! This year we were ableto do well by our own family and by a few adopted families....which pleased me greatly that we were abble to do that.
- Our new puppy is growing greatly and doing quite well. She's a handful and as I suspected I am the one primarily caring for even though we had a good two toher people (boys and men) in the house swear it would be on them...lol...but she has become a great addition to our home.
- I no longer am caring for the 4 small children I was watching int eh evening--you remember them thier mother was the one who drove me craxy with her in-capability to take care of her children- well I had to turn her over to child services after I found out she was allower her unstable 4 yr old to attend after her 1 yr old on her own while she ran errands and such...ahhhh...so it was a double edged sword for me...lost 1700 a month in my income but did what was best for the children- she no longer is in care of any of them- I guess she was already on her 3rd strike....ahhh soo sad....but I had no choice in my situation. But I must admot I have loved having my weekends back to myself!
- I will after the new year be taking on a few new children of which I am very excited about- 2 boys around 18 months old- not siblings....also signed a new 5 yr old a week ago. Kinda refreshing after having soo many girls around (I only had my 2 sons and one other boy the rest were girls) and now it looks to be flipping...so it ought to be kinda interesting. Also had one of my day time boys go to nights.
- As of today i have baked 22 loafs of bread- banana, apple strussle and cinnamon strussel. Baked well over 300 cookies......
- Today- I woke up went to the store and began cleaning the house...when I got to the kitchen---SUPRISE SUPRISE My PIPES ARE FRZEN....and only in the kitchen...of all places....so all day I have been doing my dishes in the shower and tubs of water...this is soo not a good time to be having freezing pipes with all the cooking that goes ont his time of year. But, I bear with it....called the landlord and he said nothing he can do right now...so I hope they don't burst tonight....
- Ok so there's a little overview- oh ya an dmy daughters hair....hmm still looks bad but shes gotten used to wearing a hat when we go out...lol
Having a great Holiday everyone!!!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
So, i sell items on Etsy. I have posted briefly about it previously. This year I am selling cute letters from santa with "reindeer" food. The letters are all personal...not one where I just fill in your childs name and a few details...sooooooo I was thinking.....if you aren't well off for the holidays or say you know a family who is not going to have a giftful holiday..(not that that's what its all about in any mean but I have three children and run a preschool and know ho wwe always wish we could do more) Anyway this year I am blessed with spare income I normally would not have...I already sell these letters quite cheap, but right now I have 10 followers...I am have decided that each follower can email me at email@example.com with either your childrens or a family you know who will go with litle to none this year. I will need an address, childs name, age, sex, did they move recently, what are they asking santa for, will they for sure be getting anythign they are asking for?, is there anythign you want santa to say to them...like "you've been goo dbut remember not to jump on your bed" or anything like that...and any other info..like what they are into or anything like that. Each letter is different. and each letter will come with reindeer food!
This is my gift of giving this year...to either your family or someone you know- so all your gracious followers---thank you....and like I said this is descrete...so please email me with any questions or your kids info. These letters also come with a north pole post mark for those...oh so skeptical older kiddos...lol But the letters ARE FREE!! So, please if youd like to give my gift to someone you know...this is sure to add spark to someone.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Bissell Easy vac- lightweight and bagless
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
2. I move my life- most of the days
3. I have to date not killed or injured any child
4. I have a man who truly cares for me and my wants
5. I love who I am
6. I love the spot I am at in my life
7. I haven't smacked my soon to be hubby's x-wife for always answering the door in her panties and cut off shirt.
8. I have a new puppy
9. Our incomes and jobs are secure rght now
10. My children listen to me- well not really but sometimes when it counts they do...lol
11. My house is clean normally once a day
12. My room is clean- which never happens!
13. My etsy shop is running well with good steady sales.
14. Gas is lower than its been in a while
15. the puppy only pooped once on the floor today
16. Landyn didn't overflwo his diaper during nap time- which was good cause I let him sleep in my bed
17. push up bras after 3 kids
18. Clothes that make me feel good
19. Matts friends which defer me from having to entertain him as well as the kids on his days off
And last but not really just last for now...I HAVE A DATE TONIGHT- of which I desperatly need with Desi screaming because I asked taylor to pick up the books and she wasn't done and hes screaming at her to quit crying and Landyn is roaming around trying not to get involved...and I need this after months without a day off adn tomorrow me doing all of the cooking and cleaning and entertaining for two whole families.
I can't wait only like 20 minutes till grandma is here to save me from my INSANE life and insane almost like depression feeling right now......I just want out...with Matt...just the two of us!!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Desiree- "I old mama!"
Desi- "I old- I old my hands gross"
Me- "Desi, whats the matter what are you talking about?"
Desi- "Look at my hands mommy- they old"
I look at her hands....she had been in the bath for over an hour "swimming". Her finders and hands are like rasins...lol...and I look at them and she is scared to death over whats the matter with her hands...and irratically screaming "I old- they broken- I need a bandaid"
I just thought this was too darn cute....and funny as all get out that she has never noticed this before and that when she did she thought she was "old" and that a bandaid would fix it. LOL Hope you get a good laugh out of this too!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle but can be used on plastic?
2. Why are there flotation devices under the seats insted of parachutes?
3. Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations but you are prohibited to smoke there?
4. Why do you need a drivers liscense to purchase liquor when you can't drink and drive?
5. Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing soap contains real lemons?
6. If 7-11 is open 24hrs a day and 365 days a year.....why do they need locks on the doors?
7. If nothing ever sticks to teflon, how do they make teflon stick to the pan?
8. If you in a vechile going the speed of light...what happens when you turn the headlights on?
9. If it's zero degrees outside today and tomorrow it's suppose to be twice as cold....how cold is that?
10. What do you plant to grow a seedless watermelon...when all plants are formed from sme type of seed.
11. Why is it okay for me to be smart and yet not have a smart mouth? Shouldnt all of me be smart?
12. Why do we use credit cards to buy things we "dont have to have" but want instead of waiting till we have the money?
Okay so just thought I would share those.....oww and for all of those of you wonder....i have made some progress in the sleeping situation with the little one...will write more tomorrow as I am beat!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Its the age old fight over sleep. The fight for me to sleep.....the fight to get my daughter to sleep!!!!!! She's almost 3.5. And for some reason I have failed in her bed time routine. Everything has worked for my two boys and the countless number of nightly children I keep...but NOT FOR HER! I have tried not letting her take naps...nope doesn't work, I have tried being extra loving, tried letting her wear herself out, tried bribing, tried letting her watch a video, tried being realy stern and steady on it every night. NOTHING WORKS!!! I go in lay her down..thats done and the easy part...but within minutes shes out of her bed...for something or nothing. I put her back and back and back.....no matter which approach I take shes up till at least 11. And up by 5-6am. This is killing me...not because I need the sleep because I am normally up later than that and up at the same time she is...but just the fact that I can't figure her out. I know shes tryign to break me! And each night I stand sturn but oh my gosh!!! I got so desperate.... I know shes okay in her room...nothing to harm her or anything...just a bed and dresser...her toys are kept in the play rooms...so i tied scarfs together and tied off her door so even if she gets up she cant open the door...well.....she took too banging and yelling until somone comes to her door.....and this wont fly...esp on the nights i have over night kids because she wakes them all including an infant! Or she jerks on the door enough times to loosen the scarfs.
Now shes a very strong willed little girl..always has been...she refused to eat baby food....she had to feed herself and is very independent. But, I'm at my wits end. Now here's the kicker....why only those night is she like this? Well during naps and on the other evening the hubby is around....so he does it for me to save my some sanity...heck if she knows he's here and I lay her down shell stay there but its like she knows the nights he wotn be here and does this. I know she's just a little kid....but wow, I need some kind of mediction! lol
I remember when I first became a parent at 15! I was ina moms group and this gal was talking about how she gave her kids more then a single dose of tylonl so he would sleep...and i was htinking wow...how horriable is that...and shes 30 something...i know more then she does.....but I'm telling you...medication sounds awefuly good on those nights. lol
I hate to call it fighting but gosh...that's what it is....I've tried everything and am always consistant..and all my tricks have worked for every other kid I've known or had to put to bed. But, I swear I wonder about her sometimes....I would think she just knows she can do it with me...bt the hubby doesn't spank or anything...just says get into bed...and good night. I do the same thing he does...with her getting up enough times to drive me into a break down. Last night I was at wits end... i took a break and steped into my room and took a pillow and let it all out....feel great...but I look over and shes at my bedroom door...staring at me....then she says "mommy you funny" aAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I didn't have enough energy for another scream. I don't give into her ever...so why after a year am I still being pushed on this issue!
Don't get me wrong...I know some day all these qualities about her are going to develope her into a super strong person but right now I could use some of that strength! I know this happens to many parents...but I'm doing what most of then aren't. I never let her sleep with me or any of those bad habit that cause kids to not get into good bedtime manor...I've always done it the right way...or maybe not the right way but all the ways I knew how to - to ensure children sleep in their beds and get plenty of rest. Just drives me even more insane that she sleeps great and goes right to sleep when the hubby puts her down or when I do it and hes around.
Now there is one large detail that I think i know is the problem but I really have no way to fix it. When I was married before my x always laid her down...it was his and hers thing. She always went right to bed with no problems. It was their special thing...which was great. And I think she got into the pattern of wanting her dad to lay her down...and even now wants her step dad to lay her down at nights (I have full custody and her dad my x hasnt seen her in like a yr) due to financial problems (whoa thats a whole other entry though) But I understand she got into that rythym but for gosh sake I have been pluggin away at this for a yr now and no results! My soon to be hubby works evening 4 nights a week so he CANT be here to lay her down if thats what shes needing....so I'm stuck!
Thanks to all who have read and feel my pain as I feel much better even though I just shared...I feel a ray of hope...and tomorrow the hubby will be home......lol
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Imagine your child sends a letter to santa and gets one back...with magical reindeer food. If interested they are only a buck and 50 cents...check them out.
thanks a bunch....email me if for some reason you don't think you could afford it but would still like one...and we'll see what we can do....as I want all children to experience this great fun! All letters are custm made for each child and hand written...no two alike!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Yesterday...I baked two very large cakes....pics will soon be up of those. One was a dino landscape to where I took 2 round cakes...double stacked them...then layed them next to each other and then created a dino landscape including dinos, water, grass, trees and more! Then for my eldest son I make a race track....to where the cards actually went ontop and around the cake...hard to explain but you will see it shortly.
Today...was twice the songs, presents, mess, kids, cleaning, ice cream etc. Now, my eldest son turned 9 or will be turning 9...and om my gosh...how the boys change from last year to this year. I mean I notice it in my own son but..ha....I like flashed forward to where they are all 13 running down the stars...they already sound like elphants.....we were all waiting for the banaster on the stairs to collapse...lol..and they look like little mini men finally starting to grow into their little bodies...lol The hubby went upstairs to check on them all and was up there 20 minutes due to the fact that when 5 of them jumped him....they easily were able to take him to the ground...lol The ate like they were 13...many pieces of cake and dishes of ice cream each...and what completes boys at a dinner table but a belching concert...of which I tried to stop...only to have MY FATHER try to old belch them all....which f course encouraged the whole scene...
This was the frst birthday I saw that GIRLS...were no longer welcome...the boys wanted nothing to do with them...they didnt want to play with them....didn't want them to even watch them nor be at the same table...Taylor was nice because I told him to....but I think next year will be boys only! Lord Help me then.
Then they all wanted to climb trees...my response... "when you moms say its okay for you to break a leg then you can climb"...lol... but I tryly believe I got a taste of what is to come in the future years! And oh my am I in for it...and I have 2! LOL
The day overall was a great one and everyone had a real nice time.....and everyone was very nice and great with me and one another...so I was happy!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Too short i say...too short on time....i always make the kids shaped cakes....i haven't even decided what I am doing for each of them...let along making a pattern if its a shape I haven't done...heck I haven't even bought the things to make the cakes...decorations, goodie bags....(which is going to be kinda hard...being as I'm not giving everyone very much time to rsvp...ahhhh this is soo bad.....
I used to be the mom who had everything planned months in advance had already gotten everything on discount from some place or another...heck I don't even know if we can afford it or not...well we could but then would be putting off a due bill another week...of which I do not like doing...but we have a very strcit budget..... I don't know what happened to me...oh wait I do...I now spend all of my spare time selling things on etsy for spare funds and then watching other peoples kids...ahhhhh makes me feel like crap that I am soo far behind right now...ahhhh
ok thats it for now..I'll keep you all posted on the turn out of everything...lol
Sunday, November 9, 2008
If you get a chance or have an interest take a look: my name is sayitsbyu
Like I said only a few items listed tonight but....but will be listing lots more as when we moved...I suddenly got a much bigger house and somehow a smaller scrappin area...that this weekend the hubby decided to put his computer in so we can "be together more when im scrappin" lol...gotta love men...so I am clearing out some things that should be cleared but now I have a reason to sell those great things I create and never get around to using or buy new and then dont use...lol
Friday, November 7, 2008
.....then i went to look at them
.... then i got one and brought her home. You all know how this one goes...but I must amt I too have been looking for another companion to add to our crazy house!
We currently have a large dog and I mean LARGE (she weighs a little over 100 pounds cause she just sits with her age and has some medical issues)....my baby Kujo....shes a lab and I have had her for over 6 years and she's my baby...she is the dog that once say in a bathroom with me fr 3 days while I bled out with no one around....she didn't move...she laid there...next to me curled up on the floor...I couldn't move and later found out I had cancer causing the bleeding and very intense pain from my colon...but gosh I had only owned her for about 5 months at that point...I adopted her when she was like 1.5 and have never thought twice about it...shes kind to kids...very tollerant of all the kids here esp. for her age. She used to sleep in my room but now has adapted to sleeping with my youngest and eldest sons...which I think is great...i love them having that memory of the family pet.
She has been with other dogs but due to some reason or another they have left or something has happened to them...and she remains...but with her aging I really want a dog to be around her...alot...to catch on to her great behavior. So, I brought HER home...i say her because they hubby has not choosen a name for her yet...therefore I thought I'd ask for you all's help....what do you think she looks like.....we like unique names...she has a very spunky yet suprisingly calm temper for her breed and is very sweet...
Already though as I have stated before she is HIS dog and yet I'm the one watching her and such when he's gone...but sh's doing great going outside to potty with only one small accident that we caught before she really had a chance to go....
So, pluck away...anything and everything let me ear it in your comments...
Our family now is the following
KuJo 8-9ish (black lab)
Taylor almost 9
Desiree 3.5 almost
Landyn Just turned 2
2 gerbils brother and sister that are about 8 months old
and HER - about 8 weeks old
SO NAME HER!! If your name is choosen by Matt then I'll enter you three more times into the drawing I have going on!
Just wanted to remind everyone!
So the first one is my fav. but it's one I have done forever. I got to the store and buy the liquid poperi and the matching actual poperpuri..then I put half a bottle in a pan with some of the dry and for me i love apples and cinnamon...so then I also throw in some cinnamon sticks or ground and some sliced apples.....and then just let it get to simmering and then turn to low for about 30 minutes and then off...it fills the house with the best smell...I just lov ethis...then each monring until its gone i turn it on for an hour...and my house has a great smell all day....This also works if you use it in your slow cookers...lol But I always try to add some fresh things to the small....like oranges or apples...
Next these are some i have read or just do
-make fresh coffee
- bake cookies- not a ton...just a batch
- bake a frozen pie...smells great...no work and there's ur dessert
- fabreeze the walls...I do this all the time..instead of spraying in the air...I spray at a distance on the walls and curtians so the smell doesnt just settle on the floor...lol
- Buy those gel scents...things you like...then put them in the bottom of the trash can...under the bag.....or other hidden places where smells get overwhelming.
- create a vase of orange peels and such the oils of lemons and limes and oranges give a great scent and are pretty if put with marbles and such for a day or two
Well that's all for now...but just thought I would share some of these
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Then I have the mom of the 4 girls i keep till late at night call me and say...can you make sur enone of them nap today because last ngiht they were up till 1 am....and i think its cause they napped...well for gosh sake...they have to nap or they wake up all the other kids that do need a nap..and without a nap they are nasty little children...no offense here but they get evil without a nap...and whats even funnier is...i lay them for a nap and they go to bed just fine for me at 8 pm and stay asleep....she just needs to make them lay down...ahhhh
Just one of those days
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Financial Peace University- if you get a chance you really ought to read up on dave ramsey...he knows what he's talking about and has been through alot! He also has a few radio shows.....he's just very wise and easy to listen to even for men. Esp. in this society...GO AND LOOK
Love and Respect - Owww I can't praise this enough...I still use things I learned in this and love helping other with things I know as well. Men also love listening and watching the videos because they are funny...you will truly be looking at youself going....wow thats me...or gosh that's how I sound when I do that......trust me this is great if your marriage is on its last leg or even just to freshen things up and learn some new things...I just love it and trust me ladies...this isnt one of those where you say..."now you come and listen or read this cause you need to...cause this is one of those to point the fingers both ways" Now you can look at the "learn" in the top and see some of the things....I will also be putting some of these things into my up-coming blogs for those of you who do want to learn more. But you can watch videos of it and read it on-line...trust me GO THERE NOW!! When you look at the learn section start at the crazy cycle...read and then do the mini video...and you'll see what I mean...but remember these are only a small part...he does conferences all over....go to one...it's worth the money!!! And once again he has a book...but the videos give you sooooooo much more!
ok below is where you can watch some video clips...very good stuff here gals and guys! Reember these just barely touch the surface of what he opens your eyes to...
Ok this is also a great books I used it a few times to host some ladies book study groups. It's just great...and really sucks you in. But, ladies these are for you! You'll love them I promise...all are christian books but not preachy...promise.
"Captivating" by John Eldredge and Stasi Eldredge now her husband is the one who wrote the highly acclaimed "wild at heart" this is just great for the men...anyway this book ohh my..I just love it it really makes you feel like she's inside of you explaining things about you being a woman...wife...mother...
" The Power of a praying wife" by Stormie Omartian - now this book oh gosh it's much more than praying...and she also write many other...like the power of a praying mother, and her hubby does ones for the men and such...and I just can't praise it enough...gals I have all of these...ahhh even the men I have given this to actually read them and liked them because they are easy to read.
" And Then I Had Kids: Encouragement for Mothers of Young Children" - by Susan Alexander Yates - ow gals esp you sahms this is great...this woman had 5 kids...and she goes through her troubles and fun and stresses and soo much more......it's just crazy how she talks and can relate to you....
Okay so all of these books can be found on amazon and are like 7 bucks or less and well well worth it for sanity...trust me I have read them all and praise them all. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away.
- How come people who are normally not very nice...manage to be nice and pleasent when they want something.
- How come gossip doesn't stop even well after high school (and how come you take part...think about that...lol)
- How come when you have no money all you can do is think about and find things you'd love to have or really need....then when you have extra money to spend on sweet nothings or wants...you can't find anything!
- How come general manners have become something of the "good ol days"
- How come blogging makes you feel so good....you could easily write the same thing on a piece of paper...whats others reading it and commenting doing other than valadating you...lol
- How come child support goes down the older the child gets...and yet in my expereince the older the child gets the more expensive things are such as food and clothing.
- How come men are in shock and awe when a woman enjoys sports.
- How come coffee makes us feel sooooooo good- even if its decaf
- How come I argue with my kids...when I know its not right or worth the time...
- How come baby poop stinks soo darn much
- How come nothing can happen all day but the moment you sit...the phone rings or a child cries or kids are fighting
- How come when you do finally get those floors mopped and steamed...something has to happen to them within a good 30 minutes of them being complete
- How come a stern voice works for one child and the other appears to be deaf to your words.
- How come you can think of 100 things you love about being in love with him and he gets stumped when asked for one non-sexual/physcial
- How come when you finally find that great thing to do for you...you no longer have those spare minutes to do it
- How come you sometimes love beyond words what you do for your family and other days want out in the worst way
- How come everyone can't have a household helper
- How come some ladies dont want children or could careless about taking care of their children or their actions and you try and try - just to have them and can't
- How come men don't understand the word and meaning of "making love"
- How come people get so defensive
- How come raising our children in this society has to be soo much more tramatice with whats all around them then it used to be.
- How come on the days you do finally get out of the house or have outside plans...the weather sucks
- How come those who don't believe in the Lord as you do feel YOU should explain yourself to them
- How come even if no one wears shoes in your house...things still are all over the floor
- How come there has to be a darn "sock monster"
- How come no one bothers to ask the teen mother anything...but just assumes what they think is correct and just.
- How come the Lord wants us to be there and yet Sunday mornings always seem to be most stressing and hardest all around.
- How come forgiveness is soo hard
- How come our boobs have to deflate alittle after each child.....I mean...really why!!!!
- How come is our world doesn't see that everything has a gray area and its not always as simple and black and white.
- How come moms make being a mom a competetion among eachother
- How come you took a ton of pics of your first child and with each thereafter a few less then the one before
- How come the nights you have the chance to get to bed at a good time...you can't sleep
- How come it's hard to say no
- How come he can check a girl out on tv and when you mention someone being attractive...he takes offense...lol
- How come we as moms...esp. sahms have soo many jobs and no maunals or traingng
- How come going to school when an adult is sooooo initimidating
- How come many hate doing the laundry...but hate it even more if he does try....lol
- How come it kills us that out kids fight among each other soo much...and yet when we fought with out siblings...we were sure it had a meaning and really mattered...
- How come we get a more laxed in parenting with each child...we learn more and yet gt more laxed
- How come kids have to grow up sooo darn fast...esp in todays society
- How come we spend hours/days/weeks decorating for holidays that only last a single day
- How come Men think we think bigger is better...when in many instances that's just not the case
Okay ladies...thought these were some cute, funny and nice things to think about...I'd love to hear your How Comes...so drop me a comment with a few to share with the great ladies that read my blog!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
- Leave a lipstick message ----so this is something of a tradition for me. Every now and then I will leave a personal message on the bathroom mirror (you could also do a bedroom mirror and dont be discouraged of a kids mirror cause it's not a honry message...lol) I normally leave something like the follow......"you still give me butterflies" or "I love you soo much xoxox" or "thanks for all you do" and I have to say ladies he absolutely loves these!!!
- If you don't normally...great him with a big hug, kiss and his fav. drink when he comes through the door...guys just love this!
-Send him a little text...consisting only of words of endearment- such as "can't wait till you get home" or "thinking of you" this just lets him know ...no matter what and how hectic your day is or his...you took a sec. to think about him
- Bake his favorite treat or dessert for no reason at all.
- Fix his plate- meaning instead of him having to get his own plate on those nights you don't eat at the table...get it for him...and bring it to him...if you don't normally do this...this means a ton to a guy! I don't know why but it does...you just don't say a word and bring it to him....it does wonder...I've even had some of my friends boyfriends look at me like I am nuts when I bring them their plate when they are guests....it's crazy how much men are blown away by this! Then when he's done...take his plate to the sink if he doens't want more for the kicker...lol....it's just a great one...
- The respect note-- ok so this is a great one I leared through a very great marriage seminar- you sit down adn really think..and write him a little note letting him know....NOT that your soo in love with him......but how much you appreciate and respect him and love him...then name a few things your are truly greatful for that he does for you and your family...or how hard he works for you all. Then you slip this into his wallet or his luch or briefcase...somewhere he's bound to look... mean knwo that you love them...because your a woman...lol...but they don't always know you appreciate and respect them for them and for what they do.
- When you get ready for bed...or when you are sure to have a good 30 minutes without interruption ( i know...trust me i know how hard this is but make the time if even for only 10 minutes) and sit down without saying a word...give him a neck or back or foot massage..... and ou did it just because.
- Buy him something small and insignificant to anyone but him...when doing the dishes think about it....something small that would spark a memory for him or something he'd love...get it wrap it and leave it on his pillow or next to his towel the nest morning... not on a special occasion but for no reason other than you were thinking of him.
Okay here are just a few of what I have...need more ideas..hit me up.
Now here's the big deal gals--- when you do any of these things....you don't say a word...if you do the respect note...do not...i repeat do not...no matter how much you want to do not ask him the sec he gets home or on that luch break phone call what he thought or if he read it...normally you'll see it without even having to say a word...meaning...maybe he does or sas something to you...but you let him lead the way...or leave it be..most men...not all but most aren't big or great about talking about these things...btu it doesnt mean it didn't mean the world to him...so do it...and then...thats it unless he brings it up...which he might...I have a girlfriend who did the respect note and he came to her and said "wow...did you really mean all that" and of course she sais yes...and he was amazed...since words like this aren't often spoken.
But whatever you do don't use these tricks as bullets...you all know what I mean...as in two weeks from when you do something........dont pipe out..."well I gave you a massage...and then you did nothing for me and im the one here all the time and working and i did something for you and i got nothing!" The point is to do something because you were thinking of him and love him...not to get something in return...and trust me if you do little things like this often 9 times out of 10 you will see little different thins from him as well.
Interested to see if anyone tries one of these...so let me know if you do or if you'd like to see more little somethings but nothings to do for him
- After being with kids all day and cleaning you may not feel like cuddling
- NEVER GET LIGHT COLORED CARPET OR FURNITURE IF U PLAN TO OR DO HAVE KIDS
- Your children will repeat half of what you say ALL OF THE TIMES YOU DONT WANT THEM TO
- Bigger isn't always better
- You will always need "special time" for yourself each day
- Cheaper almost always is "good enough"
- Your thoughts and actions will rarely get you a thank you card or call but you will stil put forth all efforts as always.
- Blinds, windows and basebords and ceiling fans- almost never get cleaned as much as they should--- but thats okay!
- You can make a mess in the kitchen and get away with it- HE can never make a mess in the kitchen and leave it!
- At some point HE will pass gas....and leave the room- or wave the cover or turn his head and laugh while you breathe it all in ( I personally reccomend wacking him over the head at the first occurance to avoid further ones...lol)
- He will not always show his love and appreciation for all you do for him and your children...but he feels it and you know it.
- You NEVER stop learning once you have children.
- It's okay to step outside or into your room and scream! Who cares who hears...it feel good.
- It's good to have a great heavy duty cast iron skillet...they make great meals and are great head wackers when he steps out of line...hahahah ok that ones just for me!
- Not all women watch soaps...and if you do it's ok..he watches the same thing......their just on at night!
- It's okay to window shop for things you know you will never be able to afford....just because your old doesn't mean can't dream like a little girl.
- It does take a village to raise your children...but that doesn't mean you can take the villages comments without losing it!
- You can do corny sweet things for him to...
- You don't have to be like any other mom on the block!
- It's okay to not wear any make-up or to get your hair done everyday....
- You can eat dessert first
- When you kiss a man that chews tobbacco--be expecting an extra suprise...lol (i learned this one the hard way)
- Sometimes you feel like doing nothing- so do just that!
- The internet can be addicting- esp. as a sahm- but you learn to do things twice as fast to insure thye are done...lol
- It's okay to rant and rave to complete strangers- because sometime...somewhere....someone will be touched and share those feelings
okay ladies here's this weeks set...be on the look out weekly for this.
And I am not taking this price for granted...I spoke briefly with my x-husband tonight concerning our daughter together and brought up gas prices....now here's how bog the difference is from place to place...I'm right outside of topeka, Kansas about 45 minutes...he's outside of denver, colorado about 40 minutes. I am paying like I said 2.07 and he said he hasnt seen anything under 2.39 but the avg is around 2.59-2.79. I was in shock that there's was that big of a difference. I realize some may only see it as 20-50 cents but gosh I think we all have seen how those jumps in price can cost us tons more for just living...........not even counting the fun stuff...
anyway, I just wanted to share this little tod bit...if you have a moment drop me a comment letting me know major city you live near....state...and what the avg. price of gas is for you.
But, I do love that it's November...I love this time of year...it means constant decorating for me...lots of card making...in preps for my eldest birthday and thanksgiving and christmas! I love each year making as many gifts as I can for friends and family in order to save a few bucks here and there to spend extra on my close family.
Each year I do thanksgiving......so that's something for me to begin planning and thinking about! I love hosting and love love love cooking and was thinking of trying some new things this year now that we have a bit more space with the new house. If anyone has some cute table toppers that woudl br great to pass along as I normally make eerything including the placemats and napkin holder and name tags....not too many folks come to our thanksgiving but I still doing it up the best that I can!! I'm a paper crafter so anything along those lines are always much appreciated! OWWW and then Christmas..don't get me started there...I'm not huge on gift giving but...I do love this time of year....heck I was singing Christmas songs in August. LOL. I know may of you hate it...but I love the spirit of everyone...the smiles...the giving...everything...more about that later.
So, I already have swept through the house and put away all Halloween decorations...including the horrific front porch area...and started putting out Thanksgiving and general fall items. Love Love Love IT. I love making my house a home......warm and fun and full of great exciting times this time of year...even though we're always broke....we make a little go along way!!! And, if I can get paid by SRS for some kids....that would be the best gift of all....debt paid off....who can ask for a better gift than that!
All, the kids must have been very warn after last night because they all are going on hr 2 of their nap.....Taylor my eldest got a quick learned on taxes today....he got 25 bucks from g-pa for his report card...5 dollars per A. So, we went to the store and he only had 25...and was looking at a 25 dollar toy...and i pointe dout there would be taxe and he wouldn't have any money to pay them...Now before some of you start moaning..."why couldnt you help him out for such a small amount" See normally I do this for him...but today....I wanted himt o add his own...and fig it all out on his own...he's almost 9...which to me means to start getting a good grip on how far a buck goes and how to handle your money...in the end he decided to go to dollar general.....he got 8 seperate toys and have 4 bucks to spare...which he vouched to save for a sodas...lol...I dont carry soda or juice in my house...so these are special treats for him...overall I felt really good about his decisions..he even tested toys with batteries to ensure they worked so he didn't have to buy more...and avoided anything that needed more than one battery so as to not have to buy alot of them...after he saw the cost of batteries.
Ahhhh, I am a bit sleepy....of which I dont know why...the hubby got up this morning and had our kiddos help him clean the house and vaccum so I could sleep in til about 8...which is great...cause I was up at 5 with my 3 yr old...wondering if she got to trick or treat again today...lol...But that was great to be able just to sit there...and he warned everyone not to touch my door...much less enter and cleaned everything in the downstairs-except the dishes...cause even he hates those...kids did the upstairs and all was done before my daycare kids arrived!
So, i have 3.5 degrees and the hubby got his ged and never went to school and with him being quite bored with his job I offered he might look into going to school for smething he's interested in and sent away for a local community college course book...got it today and he's got three things he's looking at doing on-line and I even might take a few....so we're both very excited about that...cause I really miss school and love going to an actual class but my life truly has no time without other peoples children...lol
Well, thats it......for now anyway!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Today s a big day not only because it's a holiday but also because today my youngest Landyn leaves his baby years officially behind. That's right he turned 2 today!!! My baby is no longer a baby. This saddens me....greatly.....tremendouuly...did I say greatly? This to me just reminds me exactly how fast they grow and change...and while I have adored the changes in Landyn and learned to hold onto and treasure them longer...I still greatly miss the stages that have passed! I think this is partially why I love doing preschool for other folks kids....I love the age between a year and 3yrs....these years just give me great joy. There's so much learning and discovery...granted there's also alot of fits, tears, emotions, drama and all that "great" stuff....but none the less I love it! But, Landyn has been different...i truly believe all of my three kids are dramatically different. What flyed for one did not for the other....what was easy to teach one...was teeth pulling for another...and so on...pretty sure you moms of more than one children know what I mean. But, landyn has been differnt from both of the other two....he's been the one...and I hate to say it like this...but I really feel like I haven't "messed him up" near as much as I had the other two by this age.
I mean come on...parenting is a bit luck, common sense and learning. We experiment with our kids...we learn just as much if not more from them then they do from us. And, Landyn being the third...I knew sooo much more...between parenting my own kids...living life and parenting others children...I truly feel confident with him to this point. LOL Not to say I didn't do my best with the others...but my best has gotten better...lol This may sound insane to alot of you but...hmmm oh well....cause it's how I feel.
For instance any parents of more than one child...have you ever done something one way then then later tried to implemet it on another child...for instance....When my 3 yr old was one and started throwing fits...we had a few forms of taking care of it...maybe popping a hand, time out and so forth...now when Landyn began this I had a designated time out spot...but rarly does it get to that point...for him I just crouch down to his level...be sure he's looking at me and explain..."we dont hit landyn ok or we are a big boy we don't throw ourselves on the floor ok? and he always says okay and then we give love...hugs and kisses and then is great...runs off to play and it has been resolved..........Now...I thought to myself this worked soooo well...lets see how we can do it wth desi...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA that's all I can really say about that....if you try talking to her esp. right after the incident to try not to have to do a time out she just goes nuts...there's just no talking to her right afterwards in efforts to avoid time out. Shes the type who needs a time out/alone time and then...you let her out...then later you come to her and discuss it..she's just too emotional to talk to right after the incident. Just cracks me up....
So, back to this...today he's 2!!! I'm sooo excited.... kinda hard for our family to do birthday parties on the kids birthday.... Landyn is on Halloween, Desiree (desi) is on the 4th of July and my eldest is on Thanksgiving this year and even when hes not hes with in a day or two. And, NO we did not plan this!!!!! Taylor just came way to early....at 27 weeks...desi...ahhhh I think that was from the hubby praying for her to come on the holiday and Landyn...just by chance....lol
But, it has made birthday parties impossiable!!! But we deal!
So, wanted to say Happy Birthday to Landyn!!!!! And Happy Halloween to all of you that participate int he holiday. Thought I would share...Taylor is going as a vampire...at almost 9 he really wanted something spooky not "babyish" this year, Desi is going as a fairy princess...because we had to buy nothing by using all of her dress-up clothes....score for frugal me...and Landyn is going as a dragon (his costume from last year) cause it was way to big last year! I will be sure to post pictures...hmm the hubby decided yesterday he wants out front large porch to be a spooky things...he worked till like 10 last night and will be completeing when he gets home at 1 today....ought to be interesting.....lol....he lost interest and got frustrated last night after he created and bloody scarecrow from smashing pumpkins for the inside of the body and neck...and then pouring spagetti sause on it...lol...then he hung a ton of stuff...well I'll tke pics for you all...cause it's a sight for sure...not sure if parents are going to say cool....or gross...but he was soo excited to do something that I didn't want to stop him...lol
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
So, last night I got a call from on eof my parents. Her daughter has been out of school and my preschool for about 2 weeks due to an injury. She got thrown off a horse and broke her femur and had lots of complications with how the bone tore through her muscles. She's only 6!
Anyway mom called and said we'd like to try her back in school tomorrow and see how she does at your place...get her back in the swing of things. I'm thinking great...the kids have all been soo concerned and missed her a lot. So, she informs me that she has a mini-wheel chair as well as a mini walker to help her get around...and which would i prefer they have her to school with. Normally we walk since I am about 2 blocks from the school. I told her she didn't need to bring the wheel chair- just the walker and I would come and get her in the car...and have the hubby watch my 2 and 3 yr olds. HA! Ya know I really don't know what I was thinking. I get off the phone and am thinking and going hmmm what a minute Matt's got those darn mandatory meetings tomorrow...ahhhh so that means I will have to take my youngest 2 with me...no biggie just more trouble...lol
Then this monring I am talking to him before he goes to leave....about how I am picking her up and going to have to take all the kiddos...its like 8:30 or so...and he looks at me...that funny are you out of your mind look...I get this alot...so I easily reconize it...lol...He says "if your going to take the car...what do you think I should take to work?" Hmmmm I hadn't thought about that...lol...we have 2 cars but we're broke...lol..so when gas goes into one car for work...then thats all the gas money for the week!!! You other poor folks know what I'm talking about...and if your not poor...i am throw some charity my way will ya...lol
So, we sit thinking...how is this going to work because the little girl is already at school...with only her walker because i told mom no need to bring them both since we're not walking....but she cant walk ...too far in her condition....so he called his mom and she came and gave him a ride...understanding. All is well right!!!
Don't know what I was thinkng but the hubbys messed up schedule really screwed with me!! How was I going to get 2 toddler car seats in the back..one school age kids in the front and then also this poor girl with her bum leg (so she has to sit sideways to support the leg) I soo didn't think this through.
So, i get to the school...half knowing what I am going to do....get all my kiddos and then what do I see....ahhhh the brought the wheelchair and the walker...hahahahahah I'm laughing now but not then.....I'm thinking we could just walk and then everything would be fixed....but I wouldn't have anyway to move my car out of the bus zone then before the end of the day cause hubby doesnt get back till 5.....BOY OH BOY do I miss him working his normal nights...I cant wait till Saturday!!!!!!!!
Sidenote- i was thinking i was dealing with a walker that folded up and could fit in front with one of the kiddos...ha...it doesnt fold....and the wheelchair...i have no clue how to fold or move...and my trunk is slightly full of misc crap!! Note to self: Clean out the trunk!
Needless to say I made it work...I prolly looked like an idiot but it worked....I put the wheelchair in my half open trunk and secured it with a belt i had in there-the walker formed over on eof the kids in the front as somewhat of a cage, the two small ones in their car seats and my broken leg gal sat in the back middle with her leg propped on the center consul...but by gosh...we looked awefully funny trying to get it all fig. out...then were about 10 minutes late for the busy that drops off one of the children.....
Never really knew how dependent I was on the soon to be hubby being here on the days I have all of them, he doesnt do much but heck i now know just being here is alot of help...thank goodness it wasnt a fri or mon though when i have all 12!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Kinda made me think...gosh I thought we were years away from this...but in the same light made me laugh....he was soo innocent in what he did...he actually thought he'd get away with it...and he wrote "Dad".
So, me being the parent I am......I have a slightly different style I guess then most. I came home...before he saw I was in the back door I put this great slip on the front of the fridge...whcih is always saved for excellent pieces of work or really good tries!
Then I proceeded into the livingroom and called Taylor...me and the soon to be hubby sat with taylor and went over what his teacher said she wanted him to improve on and her goals for him this year! The conversation was over.....and i saw "oh by the way...your teacher gave me something of yours that she said was a really nice try...but just wasn't going to fly.....so I put it on the fridge." So, he walks in kinda excied to see what it was....then nothing...he didn't come back in...5 minutes passed....Matt and I walked in the kitchen and he just stands staring at it.....
The look on his face was priceless.....It was the BUSTED look!!! I love being ME!
Monday, October 27, 2008
2. Your kids probably will not like you more than they will like you.
3. New recipes aren't always good...or turn out at all.
4. Sometimes you have Sex just becasue...not to make a baby and not because your into in but just cause.
5. Cooking isn't always fun
6. Sometimes lookng really good....hurts really bad
7. Men can sleep around and never hear a word....if you have sex with 2 people you get very un-nice terms.
8. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you have a sweet new baby- theri poop still stinks!
9. Not all moms can handle a bloody head wound without getting woozy--its not something that just comes with being a mom.
10. Not all relationships are 50/50
11. Your monthly visitor will always suck- even if you don't have PMS- it sucks!
12. Shave often and he expects them to be always shaved...shave less often and he's just thrilled when they are shaved.
13. At some point you will want to run away screaming...crying...and maybe even terrified!
14. Staying at home is the hardest job EVER! But you won't get paid or reconized for most of what you do.
15. Not all men are into sports- I went years thinking all men were as nuts as those in my family! Then every guy I ae been with are really not into it much at all....go figure.
16. All men want to be pampered by you! But...may not pamper you in return.
17. If you get a dog for the family...the hubby, the children--don't kid yourself...its your dog! You will potty train it...take it out and clean up after it.
18. You will feel guilty!
19. After having a child...you may not get to shower...eat or sleep
20. Once you go to the bathroom in front of him--you loose a little something
21. You CAN say no
22. You don't have to be nice all the time!
23. It's okay to leave those dirty dishes there...and sit and do nothing
24. Life can turn out great....but it's never a fairy tale
25. Life isn't easy...even if you have a good education...make alot of money...everyone has bumps and bruises from life.
26. If you do something in the begining of a relationship....he's going to think you will do it forever.
27. Plans NEVER GO exactly as planned-but roll with it
28. He can NEVER tell you that you have gained weight....but you can get away with it.
29. Never be sitting when he comes through the door- or he somehow gets the impression that thats all you do.
30. Not all men open doors, put gas in your car, and other small things
31. It's okay to vent, yell, talk, and cry for no real reason at all
32. He will NEVER understand what you go through as a mom-whether you stay at home or not.
33. You don't get married and have a home--you have a house- its your job to make it a home.
ok so this is only part one...will try to do additional parts weekly.
Not only do I have all my kiddos...and by this I mean my full time kids and my pt time kids. But, today I got thrown a bone to also deal with...parent teacher conferences! So, all thekids are out of school...and during nap time I have scheduled 3 p/t conferences. One for my own and two for two girls who's mother could care less to show up to one.....so the teachers asked me to come...since I am with these girls over 60 hrs a week. Hmmmmm
Luckily the hubby is here till 2. Granit he's not much help when he sleeps till 10-11...but he works late hours....so I kinda undestand...hmm ok thats a LIE...I don't get it but am trying to deal with it better. I mean most nights I am up till 12 wating for the girls to get picked up and then some nights I'm up till he gets him at 2 ish...and I still awake and take care of things. So, ya...I really dont get how I can function and make it with 4-5 hrs of sleep.....not that i recommend it but I do it...lol
Today I am hopeful for a good day...everyone kinda had an off attitude yesterday...and I was thinking we'd all get out and rake some leaves and get some fresh very windy air....lol...
I have a very interesting post to come later today.....I thought of it last night and felt very inspired....so be on the look out.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Anyway to the point when we moved I got a much smaller area to scrap in. Much bigger house but...smaller scrap area. This week I have been promising myself to get some things cleaned out...through my trading group on yahoo and donating....so I decided this would be the donating part.
I have went through a ton of my handmade cards and if anyone is interested in rec. some of them please shoot me a private email to firstname.lastname@example.org I used to sell these but really dont even have the energy to sell them at this point...but if you'd like an assortment of handmade cards to have.....esp. you frugal ladies>this is a great freebie...shoot me a line with an address and I'll send some your way...I have a very large assortment of themes from holidays to sympathy cards to offer.
So, ya shoot me a line and help me help you...you get some great new handmade pro looking cards that I sell for around 8 bucks a piece and I get some space for other goodies!
So, where to start....lets start at the begining of mommy-hood...thats far less complicated....kinda. So, I am living proof of two things...you can loose your virginity and use protection and still get pregnant. I know because this great justice happened to me when I was barely 15!
It was obviously by accident (im not one of those girls who looked to get pregnant or the fun o being a mom) to someone I barely knew anything about who was...hmmm far to old to be with someone my age....then again he thought I was 18...that's right I lied...go fig. a teenager lying to a hot boy so he liked her...but come on...Im not blaming him in any way but I really didn't look 18...he knew. I mean I am 24 and still look like I am 15! So, needless to say he was one of those guys when i confided in him after 2 months of never talking (duh cuz he was done with me..but i had those lost hopes of more) so I told him that I was pregnant he said..."hmm i'll take you for an abortion...but you have to pay." ha...every girls dreams...i know...please dont shead a tear of those sweet sweet words. lol Oh and forgot to mention I got knocked up exactly one year to the day of my moms death...hmm kinda an odd fact..but there you have it. I didn't even realize until Taylor was 2 and I was looking through some old journals.
So, I did not have an abortion and although I was adopted I guess I just didn't want to think about anything other than knowing I may be young but due to life issues I had helped raise my younger brother and sister and well.....I just knew I couldnt do anything but keep him. Although I knew it would be terriably hard...my father whom I really hated (hate isn't too strong of a word because really at that point there was alot of very hard feelings) at that point in life...for far more reasons then could be explained here. But He was born...dont worry I am sparing many details here...but trust me it sucked. I will say thought hat i timed my telling of my father and step mother until the week of their wedding...not fari or nice but like I said I was very angry with them both...more on that another time.
I was the first girl to get pregnant at my small town school in 9+ years and small as in i went to the same H.S. my dad went to..lol...my math teacher was he friend in hs...my computer teacher was his teacher...ya...you can only imagine. Everyone knew my last name and my family.
Needless to say I didn't have sex again for a very veyr very long time being scared to death. I mean if God allowed ME the gift of getting pregant they first tiem with protection...hmmmm ya I was scared!
So, Taylor was born...sweet and innocent and the real reason I would not be an utter screw up. Oh ya and he was born at 28 weeks weighing a 1 pound 2 oz within an hour after birth. He spents months in the hospital...each day them saying maybe hed make it maybe not...it sucked. I went to school worked afterwards and was at the hospital after hours. To most 15 yr old I had no life...but it was mine...adn really I had nothing better to do. After geting pregnant I became permanently grounded from anythng and everything....a lack of trust can do that.
I struggled through school....when taylor was allowed to leave the ospital he weighed just over 5 pounds...and was on all kinds of machine and meds. His daycare was crazy...so I went to school 3 days a week...got the make up work the other days. It worked...as best it could.
I struggled with not only being a single mom....a teenage mom, a student....working...taking care of a kid with special needs of being a premie..being a teenager....and having the village (everyone in my house) helping with their opinions...lol...and even at 16 I knew what all of you 20 and 30 and 40 smething know...it can drive you crazy...just being there and hearing them from time to time..imagine it everyday from 5 diff. people...as at that point the my g-parents and uncle lived with us...oh ya and my dad was re-married then. Stressed isn't a strong enough word! And ten to add insult to injury it seemed after I got pregnant at school I started an epidemic because it seemed each month someone was popping up pregnant!
So, your all wondering where the guy is right? Well when talor was born early he was contacted...to my dispair he pretended he didn't know who i was....and when told about taylors condidtion swore im to death...I fig. with that type of attitude...I'd fig. it out on my own...and I did. He was contacted a year later with no better luck and to be completely honest I was scared. What happened if he found out how old I was or his parents found out...he was 21 but...none the less adn they wanted my son...and here i was just this teenager going to school...i was scared he could take him from me...and I couldnt bear with that so I quit trying to make someone feel and think a way I clearly couldnt.
So, did this for 3 year...then moved to Colorado. Went to college while working. Got a great job as an assistant editor at a small town newpaper...while there got 4 degrees...not really because I needed that many but because I wanted to insure...Taylor never went without just because I was a single teenage mom.
So, there's a blip into my world and some of wat I have been through...more to come another evening. But, I will say for any of you whom do have teenagers it's just as hard for them as it is for you to go through..most of the times harder!
But in the end I have never looked back on my decisions and you know it was meant to be. Don't get me wrong there were lots of days I was very lost and without a key and angry and soo many emotions...but...come to find out as I aged and have been a mom 2 other times...I have come to the conclusion that EVERY MOM feels alot of those same feelings. But, it was difficult. Since I was 17 I have been working with pre-teen to already pregnant teens on their actions from getting pregnant and not only being a mom but the results of their bodies not being ready can cause harm to the child as well...such as premature birth! And, I love it and they relate to me well...partially because I am younger and because I think maybe they know when seeing it in life...pictures and all from my body to how small and fragile my poor son was. I know i strike alot of young folks and those that i encounted that are already pregnant I just try to help them and ensure they don't take their actions or their condition or the soon to be life lightly.
I knew it...sounds odd but...the lord was working and helped me through it all long before I knew he was holding my hand.....come to find out I am only 24...and have already battled cancer a few times which has left me with no longer having a chance in hell at having anoter child unless its through adoption...of which I can not afford. But, going through just this has enlightened me to so much. I don't judge others nearly as quickly.
Now, also with this greatness has come the hardship of me still at 24 gettig those looks...only I get them in a bit diff. light now. This is esp. for you 30-40 something parents who get those looks or comments about being too old...lol...and don't worry your not!
Now.....present time...... I get looks of two kinds..... 1. I get the look from those who think my son is my brother...then they are corrected and they say oh you cant be over 25....and I say NOPE I'm not! Or something along those lines...doesn't take long for other moms to ask how old I am and then to know I have a soon to be 9 yr old son... I even had one mom in her 30's with a son the same age as mine look at me and say "wow...so when your 30 he will be 15!" I just smile and say yes..politely...when inside I want to scream "BY GOSH I DID GOOD WITH HIM HE'S A GREAT KID AND GOOD FOR YOU FOR BEING ABLE TO DO THE MATH...YEA FOR YOU" I mean do people honestly think I dont alreadyknow this.....lol. But, i still have to try 10 times harder to fit in or find my place with my sons friends moms. It's hard for them to take me seriously and to be honest I dont associate with many my age because....I was never into clubs, bars or going out...I was a mom...lol And, i really try but I always get alot of those looks once they know I just don't look young...I AM YOUNG.
Now the 2nd look is the one I like but don't really get that often! its the look of "wow good for you" It's those who see what I have surcome and how well my life is...I'm not a go nowhere person...in fact I have parents intrust their child's education to me now...lol...kinda funny how things work out.
Ok, so kids are bathed and asleep ad its time for me to go do the soaking kitchen dishes...the girl's mom is going to be here about midnight...and the soon to be hubby will be here at 11...he gets off work early...so I want to have them done to spend some much need couch time with him.
onc again thanks for reading...
I dont even know what set her off but I truly feel as though i may loose my nuts any minute!!! I don't like disrespect...and have read and watched everything about kids that I can get my hands on...and yet many days out of the week I still feel as though I am at odds with this little girl. She's ohhhhh soo independent and drama..that girl has some drama...about this and that and anythign and everything!!! I remember finding out I was having a girl and being delighted but at the smae time knowing it would be nothing like my first born boy.
Then as a baby she was independent but oh soo sweet. And it's like 2 weeks after she turned 2 and dark light came on...dont get me wrong I love her more than anything...but oh my lord. I remember sitting in stores or out to eat watching a little girl go nuts and htinking oh thank the lord my kids aren't like that...well two weeks after she turned 2...I remember thinking...."WHAT HAPPENED!" Where did that little girl go...and why!!! She throws normal fit....which I try to manage as well as I can but am always ....i repeat always looking for new ways to handle her.....does she need more attention--one on one....more discipline...I just can't get the combo right on her safe.
I don't get what I am doing wrong.....and sometimes I think it's really not me at all......because I have done the same things with all 3 of my kids and my younger son...who is 2 on halloween is just as well behaved as my eldest son was...but i always wonder...will that switch go off shortly after turning 2! ahh I dont even want to think about that.
i know shes a great kids most of the time and yet daily I have those moments to where I find myself thinking "how can i fix this?" Is it the influence of one or more of the older children....can i fix it or just manage it by discliple and letting her know her actions are not acceptable...still working on this as I said...
I hope it gets better with age cause I always thought I'd be very close to her and we have our own bond but......I swear some days she doesnt really like me! I know she doesnt have to like me as I am the mom...but some days wow...I wonder.
I have theories about why she acts the way she does...but none of which can I undo...such as a divorce to her father after 6 years...but oh my...
Just a little rant on the things I work on everyday in addition to everything else in lie!
The 4, 5 and 6 yr old girls are all cross because mom said she'd be hear early to get them and then left adn called and said they would be here till after 11:30 in the evening. Not to mention two of them were promise a full day of fun with Grandma but mom canceled due to being upset with g-ma.
My own children also had a rough morning. Desiree for some reason decided to strip her pull-up mid-stream last night and awoke at 2 am with wet underware...then woke up every hour afterwards for some odd reason...thinking it was time to get up....Finally we settled with her getting up at 5:30am. My eldest is almost 9 and just felt like pushing buttons today...not just mine but everyone in the house!
I had - had hope of getting all of the house cleaned, leaves raked and some of my floors steamed today....but settled with a god general cleaning and washing all of the blankets I could find in the house.
Cleaned desirees room...she is one of those girls who will go through a few outfits a day! i really don't get it..but she had clothes scattered not know what was clean or not I decided to wash all of her clothes...while sorting them it became painfully clear that we needed to go clothes shopping for her....not sure where I will squeeze that in...it's a hard choice...go to wal-mart at 1 am when I have no kids or take at min. 7 kids with me...lol We will see what I can work out.
I'd be lying if I said my nerves weren't a bit stretched! Then to add insult to injury...the mom of these poor 4 girls tells me...that shes trying for yet another schedule change.....we just changed it around on the girls 3 weeks ago...poor things......just saddens me that she says she puts thought into these kids but her decision show otherwise.
So, everyone is fed.....one of the girls threw up because she ate far to fast....now she wants more to eat...lol...tried getting them all in 2 diff. rooms watching movies of their choice for a small break...would be just me and the baby...but that did't work...turned into a toy war......toys flying between the two rooms...I just couldnt handle that...i dont take well to disrespecting property.
My daughter has no pants on...running in her flower panties.....the paper is in her own livingroom as we always do so the children dont run over her! She has toys strung everywhere and a few movies pulled from the shelf....lol
Matt gets to come home early tonight...they screwed his schedule for halloween--which is Landyns b-day....so they are letting him come home between 10-11 last night and tonight...which will be nice! But he hasn't called me yet....which is normally the call that lets me talk to another adult for the first time on sundays...lol
Hmm the electricty is flickering because we are having super windy weather...we have a wind advisory for another few hours...I pray it doesnt go out...as I think that my spark utter adrinaline in the kids. lol
Tomorrow will be a very busy day...normally I have 12-13 kids on mon and fridays but on mon and tue the schools are closed for parent-teacher conerences...so I will have all of the kids---all day-even the school age kiddos....I have a great day planed or them all tough...ur reg. preschool and school activites andthen baking some cookies and a puppet show wth out new puppets...so that out to be fun.
Normally my days aren't this stressed but it seemed everyone decided to have something......off with them...lol....and those days are always trying...luckily they only come every few months!
the kids are all sitting peacfully...well as peacfully can be expected with all of them doing crafts...hmmm but i hear paper tearing......no noe screaming though...lol...my eldest is tattle telling that desi is taking off caops t the glue and eating them....did I tell you I changed her today and got glitter and crayon specked poop...hahahahah all i can do is laugh....8pm wont come quick enough...but its time to put away the glue....and get them in the showers.