Tonight I thought I might blog about something a bit different. I thought I'd make a little list of great things to do FOR HIM. These are little things...some corny but all will get across to him how much you feel for him and all he does...as often we get in the rut of "talking to" not talking with him...these are all things I have done at one point or another and have gotten great responses from...even if he's a macho man (not meaning that in a bad way but hmm not sure how else to put it...lol...so try one or two out...every now and then...and see what happens.
- Leave a lipstick message ----so this is something of a tradition for me. Every now and then I will leave a personal message on the bathroom mirror (you could also do a bedroom mirror and dont be discouraged of a kids mirror cause it's not a honry message...lol) I normally leave something like the follow......"you still give me butterflies" or "I love you soo much xoxox" or "thanks for all you do" and I have to say ladies he absolutely loves these!!!
- If you don't normally...great him with a big hug, kiss and his fav. drink when he comes through the door...guys just love this!
-Send him a little text...consisting only of words of endearment- such as "can't wait till you get home" or "thinking of you" this just lets him know ...no matter what and how hectic your day is or his...you took a sec. to think about him
- Bake his favorite treat or dessert for no reason at all.
- Fix his plate- meaning instead of him having to get his own plate on those nights you don't eat at the table...get it for him...and bring it to him...if you don't normally do this...this means a ton to a guy! I don't know why but it does...you just don't say a word and bring it to him....it does wonder...I've even had some of my friends boyfriends look at me like I am nuts when I bring them their plate when they are guests....it's crazy how much men are blown away by this! Then when he's done...take his plate to the sink if he doens't want more for the kicker...lol....it's just a great one...
- The respect note-- ok so this is a great one I leared through a very great marriage seminar- you sit down adn really think..and write him a little note letting him know....NOT that your soo in love with him......but how much you appreciate and respect him and love him...then name a few things your are truly greatful for that he does for you and your family...or how hard he works for you all. Then you slip this into his wallet or his luch or briefcase...somewhere he's bound to look... mean knwo that you love them...because your a woman...lol...but they don't always know you appreciate and respect them for them and for what they do.
- When you get ready for bed...or when you are sure to have a good 30 minutes without interruption ( i know...trust me i know how hard this is but make the time if even for only 10 minutes) and sit down without saying a word...give him a neck or back or foot massage..... and ou did it just because.
- Buy him something small and insignificant to anyone but him...when doing the dishes think about it....something small that would spark a memory for him or something he'd love...get it wrap it and leave it on his pillow or next to his towel the nest morning... not on a special occasion but for no reason other than you were thinking of him.
Okay here are just a few of what I have...need more ideas..hit me up.
Now here's the big deal gals--- when you do any of these things....you don't say a word...if you do the respect note...do not...i repeat do not...no matter how much you want to do not ask him the sec he gets home or on that luch break phone call what he thought or if he read it...normally you'll see it without even having to say a word...meaning...maybe he does or sas something to you...but you let him lead the way...or leave it be..most men...not all but most aren't big or great about talking about these things...btu it doesnt mean it didn't mean the world to him...so do it...and then...thats it unless he brings it up...which he might...I have a girlfriend who did the respect note and he came to her and said "wow...did you really mean all that" and of course she sais yes...and he was amazed...since words like this aren't often spoken.
But whatever you do don't use these tricks as bullets...you all know what I mean...as in two weeks from when you do something........dont pipe out..."well I gave you a massage...and then you did nothing for me and im the one here all the time and working and i did something for you and i got nothing!" The point is to do something because you were thinking of him and love him...not to get something in return...and trust me if you do little things like this often 9 times out of 10 you will see little different thins from him as well.
Interested to see if anyone tries one of these...so let me know if you do or if you'd like to see more little somethings but nothings to do for him