Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gas Prices!

So, i hate to say something...because my big mouth will say something and then...it will go away...but I was blown away today...I went to fill up on gas....and saw gas in down to $2.07 here....I was thrilled....I know they say it may not stay like that but for now at least it will give us a small break on picking up kids and the hubby going 30 minutes to work back and forth each day....

And I am not taking this price for granted...I spoke briefly with my x-husband tonight concerning our daughter together and brought up gas prices....now here's how bog the difference is from place to place...I'm right outside of topeka, Kansas about 45 minutes...he's outside of denver, colorado about 40 minutes. I am paying like I said 2.07 and he said he hasnt seen anything under 2.39 but the avg is around 2.59-2.79. I was in shock that there's was that big of a difference. I realize some may only see it as 20-50 cents but gosh I think we all have seen how those jumps in price can cost us tons more for just living...........not even counting the fun stuff...

anyway, I just wanted to share this little tod bit...if you have a moment drop me a comment letting me know major city you live near....state...and what the avg. price of gas is for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last I looked it had just reached under $3 here - upstate NY, on border w/ PA. We paid $2.61 in PA when we went to my mom's. Even though we are paying a lot less now we are still trying to conserve - keeping car under 2,000RPMs and doing all errands in one trip. I've heard that the oil companies want to decrease production. Probably because that way they would make more profit. The prices will go back up , and my suggestion is for everyone to start using as little as possible when they do.

Lisette
http://couponqueenofcorning.blogspot.com/
http://lisettelovesahm.blogspot.com/