Monday, March 22, 2010

Fears..

I'm not sure whats prompting this post this morning but...its the topic of choice. Are you one of those moms who allows fears to control how you mother? I guess I am not. I'd like to say I'm for cetian on that but I'm sure there are somethings that are fear inspired. I don't see fear as a bad thing I guess. I just see it as the things that challenge me. Some fears are fears inspired by things that happened when I grew up...meaning they weren't natural fears but through some experience they were developed.

For instance, I consider a natural fear of mine to be the dark. Yes, that's right I'm one of the millions who is afraid of the dark...however it was strongly strengthened byt the fact that my dad often would sit downstairs and come up after me in the dark and grab my legs to scare me. He was the dad who asked you to go get something from the car after dark...and then go out there with a gun or leaf blower and jump out n scare the crap out of me. Yes, that was my twisted family...

I have many fears...thought it might be neat to list them. As a show of faith that I'm not defined by them or embarrassed. I think of them more so as challenges I get to overcome...hmm hopefully throughout life.

- Fear of the dark.
- Fear of dying before I've seen my children grow old. - This fear is one inspired by life. My mom passed when I was 13 and i'd never want my children to have to grow up not knowing their mom. It's not a fear of dying but just not getting to see them grow old and happy.
- Fear of falling in love with someone who's already given the heart to someone else and doewsn't have it to fully give to me.
- Fear of letting people down. I'm not sure where this one came from but I've always been afraid of letting people down..not everyone but those important to me.
- Fear of losing my scrapbooks....I knwo this one seems kinda pity but, its a huge fear. I've worked for years on them and love them to pieces. They tell my families stories.
- Fear that my daughter will someday be a teen mom. This more so it's just based on society and how fast thigns move these days and having had a child at 15...I'd never wish those struggles on my children..or anyone for that matter.

I don't have many fears and for this I am grateful. Although, I have learned that as I go through life I do acquire new ones along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just becoming a mother gave me so many fears, fears for my kids. Getting hurt physically or emotionally, I also fear dying and not watching them grow up. Fears they won't do well in life...so many fears as I only want the very best for them....